Firewood - The Truth

Page 3 of 3

"Sure it is!" he said loudly in front of the Congressional Inquiry Board secretly hoping they did not ask how the measuring devices were calibrated.
You got the money? We got the data!
patrick conroy wrote:

Thre are a few transcripts of NRC Advisory Committe on Reactor Safeguards (ACRS) hearings from (much) earlier life wherein my youthful cheek comes out rather more strongly than intended...But one particular member back then and I just could never seem to avoid antagonizing one another---years later I learned he actually had enjoyed it while I was sweating bullets rueing my just uttered indiscretion...)

Simple. Because it's dry.     - Water has a negative calorific value in burning. It turns to steam which takes energy, and that all goes up the chimney     - water causes the wood to burn slower, and smoke more. That all goes up the chimney as unburnt material.