finishing query with paint

Folks -
I've just finished painting (gasp) an adirondack chair and will be delivering it on Friday. I used green latex exterior, as requested, but had a question. Can wax be put over paint? The chair's owner wanted to know if she could wax it to provide extra protection from the foul weather - I don't know. Would wax harm the paint? What about lemon or citrus oil/beeswax combos? Paste waxes? Remarks?
TIA,
John
wax won't harm the paint, but it also will do nothing to protect the chair in addition to what the outdoor paint you used already will do. there really isn't any need for it.

had
You might see if there is a Thompsons Water Sealer for application over paint. Other than that, I'd say charge her for a repaint every year.
BTW what plans did you use? I'm just finalizing a set derived from various versions I've seen out there. I have the "look" I want but I'm worried about stability. I'm hoping to make the whole thing out of Home Depot type 3/4" #2 Pine and paint it.

I think cedar would be better for exterior furniture than pine would be.
--

Roger Shoaf

John Moorhead wrote:

Quality exterior primer and paint should do the job. And it will keep the cherry from darkening. No matter what you put on, it will need sanding and repainting after a few years.     mahalo,     jo4hn
jo4hn wrote:

ROFLMAO!!! Thanks for quality amusement to revitalize me after work!
PK
Buy quality exterior paint. Good paint on the outside of houses last a very long time.
Wax, no reason as it will not stop water from coming through.

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 16:58:51 GMT, "John Moorhead"

You want to put wax over plastic?
The answer is "No." _Paint_ is the protective finish. When the finish deteriorates, sand and repaint it.
-- "Menja b, caga fort!"