Festool New Tools

Page 1 of 2
I got a newsletter indicating that Festool is going to release 3 new tools in 2008 starting in late Spring. Apparently 2 new routers and a SCMS. The German site shows the saw and it looks to be pretty HD.
http://www.festool.de/mediandoweb/index.php?sTemplate=zoom&sTemplateFile=standard.php&BILD=http://wwwinet.my-tts.com/Festool/Kat_2005/halbstat_saegen/jpg_zoom/zoom__hs_sym70e_561160_p_01a.jpg
Also for our German friends is the new
Die Modul-Kantenfrse MFK 700 mit Wechseltischsystem: Ideal fr wechselnde Anforderung
WOW! Are they Lucky!
I believe this to be a flust trim tool.

And YES of course I posted the wrong link to the SCMS although the one with adjustable fences looks interesting/ I don't think it will be available in the West.
http://www.festool.de/mediandoweb/index.php?sTemplate=zoom&sTemplateFile=standard.php&BILD=http://wwwinet.my-tts.com/Festool/Kat_2005/halbstat_saegen/jpg_zoom/zoom__hs_ks120_561283_p_02a.jpg
: I got a newsletter indicating that Festool is going to release 3 new tools : in 2008 starting in late Spring.
There's some information about the flush trim router on The Wood Whisperer, http://thewoodwhisperer.com/ . Look for the December 6th entry.
BTW, I like this site (I'm not affiliated). It's got good basic information for newbies and hobbyists, and the site and videos are nicely done. All for free, no registration required, donations accepted.
--- Chip

The podcast is fun and interesting.

I don't have a video IPod, so I don't download "Wood Whisperer", but I do like the audio sister podcast, "Wood Talk Online".
: I don't have a video IPod, so I don't download "Wood Whisperer", but I : do like the audio sister podcast, "Wood Talk Online".
You don't need an ipod. I don't have an ipod, but I watch the "podcast" videos online, in my web browser.
--- Chip
On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 00:19:00 +0000 (UTC), "Chip Buchholtz"

I know. <G>
The whole point of my IPod is that I can listen to it while doing other things, like driving, flying (when I'm the pilot), mountain biking, or less demanding shop tasks, like finishing, thicknessing, and sanding.
I don't really want to watch it on the PC. I also have tons of stuff TiVo'd that "I never watch", according to my wife.
If I had more free time, I'd definitely watch them, but they go down the scale (I could be working wood, riding my road bike, reading... <G>), when I'm home. I might watch the programs on a video IPod while traveling, flying when I'm not the pilot, etc...

Your left out "brain surgery". LOL
On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 14:16:48 GMT, "Leon"

You laugh!
One of the local mountain bikers is also the orthopedic surgeon who has repaired everyone at the bike shop. They often have tunes crankin' in the OR. <G>
"Bonehenge (B A R R Y)" wrote
"Leon" wrote:

One of friends and neighbors is an anesthesiologist who works with a renown heart surgeon. They have a high tech "sound cart" with a high dollar sound system permanently mounted that they move from OR to OR.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/09/07

He sounds a lot cooler than the anesthesiologist who knocked me out today. (For real. I had a mesh put in to fix a rather large hernia...out-patient) Those eStone countertops are heavy!
He stank of cigarettes.
"Robatoy" wrote

Ouch. Sorry to hear that ... hope you're doing well, and take care of yourself!

Funny how that, as an ex-smoker with a nose like a bird dog, there is not much that is more revolting. One of my SIL's smokes and I can hardly stand to be in the same room with her, although she's a real sweetheart otherwise.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/09/07

Thought you were describing me for a moment.
As a recovering nicotine addict (30 years and counting), can tell if a smoker has even been in a room when I enter.
I'm convinced that nicotine is the most insidious drug on the planet.
Lew

<http://www1.umn.edu/perio/tobacco/nicaddct.html

Only when I laugh, which in my case is often.... especially when I visit Das Wreckische Gruppe. Turns out the mesh doc put in, is the best part of a screen door... or so it feels.
I'm told that Grolsch is a homeopathic cure for discomfort.
The smoking thing? What is truly disgusting is to see 15-year old kids starting up. With what is known today, how could they be so stupid?
Robatoy wrote:

I can't understand how they afford it.

No shit, eh? That crap is starting to get close to a tenner per pack around these parts. a pack per day..that's 70 bucks per week..hell, that's a half ounce of weed furcwyinoutloud. I can understand raiding your mom's purse for some weed money...but cigarettes?
Robatoy wrote:

Maybe they figure that it's not how long you live but how well.
--John
"Robatoy" wrote in

LOL ... not a beer drinker, but that word reminds me of something.
Twenty something years ago, give or take, a spiffed up, Madison Ave looking/talking dude came in the studio to record a commercial, or so he said. What the flip he was doing in Houston, I have no idea.
Part of the track had this background, Gregorian style, chant: "Grolsch,Grolsch..." ad infinitum, looped and drowned in $5000 worth of reverb.
We did all the music, timed it to a gnats ass, then he took off for NY, or so he said, for the "real talent" ... I assumed he meant some kind of vocals, but who knows?
Was handsomely paid, and promptly forgot about it.
... about twenty years later, I heard something familiar on the radio, and it finally dawned on me what they were chanting on that backing track and realized, finally, that it was a F)(*(&^ beer commercial we recorded!!
All that time I'd thought it was some kind of religious, new age, crystal bowl meditation shtick/crap ... Hell, I'm coonass and wouldn't have known a Grolsch from a booger hanging out his nose, but I knew all about Schlitz ... live and learn.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/09/07
Swingman wrote:

What is it w/ the orthopedics guys? The fella' here is called "Crash" (he's a short track driver now pretty good but got the name for his driving "style" early on...)