Festool New Tools

Maybe they figure that it's not how long you live but how well.

Reply to
J. Clarke

"Robatoy" wrote in

LOL ... not a beer drinker, but that word reminds me of something.

Twenty something years ago, give or take, a spiffed up, Madison Ave looking/talking dude came in the studio to record a commercial, or so he said. What the flip he was doing in Houston, I have no idea.

Part of the track had this background, Gregorian style, chant: "Grolsch,Grolsch..." ad infinitum, looped and drowned in $5000 worth of reverb.

We did all the music, timed it to a gnats ass, then he took off for NY, or so he said, for the "real talent" ... I assumed he meant some kind of vocals, but who knows?

Was handsomely paid, and promptly forgot about it.

... about twenty years later, I heard something familiar on the radio, and it finally dawned on me what they were chanting on that backing track and realized, finally, that it was a F)(*(&^ beer commercial we recorded!!

All that time I'd thought it was some kind of religious, new age, crystal bowl meditation shtick/crap ... Hell, I'm coonass and wouldn't have known a Grolsch from a booger hanging out his nose, but I knew all about Schlitz ... live and learn.

Reply to
Swingman

That's exactly what I'm talkin' about!

Reply to