Festool, DeWalt, or Makita?

Page 3 of 4
On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 14:15:56 -0500, the infamous "Leon"

I hear that, Mike.

I reread the article on 18v impact drivers in the Oct08 JLC and have definitely decided on the Makita BTD141 kit. 3AH lithium.
Have you seen the DeWally track saw, Leon? <heh heh heh> http://fwd4.me/K8L I love that pic of the guy trimming the door while it's ON the hinges. So, is this a ripoff^H^H^H^H^H^Hpleasant copy of the Festool product or a licensed product, I wonder? I'm perfectly happy with the clone of a Fein multipurpose tool... Nah, I can't afford even this one, let alone the stable it would create the environment for. ;)

There, see what I mean? Scratch that itch!
-- It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. -- Charles Darwin

You cannot argue with Makita and history. My wife bought me a right angle 7.2 volt Makita drill in 1983..... While the battery did loose its omph!, it did get it me out some jams up untill about 5 years ago.... Not too bad for a 20+ year old battery. I have been using a Makita drill and impact for about 5 years now and have replaced 1 of the 2 batteries that came with them. Other than the batteries which all go bad eventually, I feel the tools are a good value.

YES! I have seen it. Makita has one too. I will say that I saw a Youtube video where an over the pond contractor type guy that owned the DeWalt and Festool track saw compaired the two...... He preferred the Festool. Festool has been in the track saw business for 30+ years... DeWalt a couple, maybe.

It's catch'n!
On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 21:47:14 -0500, the infamous "Leon"

I had an old Skil 7.2 nicad drillmotor that kept on going until I gave it to my sister a few years ago and she promptly lost the charger. <sigh> Why are the new, high-tech batteries failing so quickly when the old stuff lasted forever, hmmm? Sounds like a plot!

Ooh, I'll have to check that out.

Yeah, Amazon showed me the Makita this morning as a suggestion since I'd looked at the DeWalt. Suhweeeet! And _teal_! I do _so_ love teal. <bats eyelashes> ;)
-- It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. -- Charles Darwin

Blame Clinton.
On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 12:25:38 -0700 (PDT), the infamous Robatoy

I thought it was Shrub last decade, and The O this one.
-- It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. -- Charles Darwin

See you on the Other Side....
wrote in message

The dust collection is wonderful. I added a dusto collector to my shop about 5 years ago after dealing with it for the previous 25 years. 3 years ago I bought the Festool Domino and the CT22 Festool vac. 2 years ago I started adding the Rotex Sander and Festool finish sander. Quiet and I no longer get dusty. I no longer have to clean up before going insde at the end of the day. I no longer have to blow out the shop befor applying a finish to a fresh sanded project.
The really cool thing about Festool tools is that they address and fix many problems that you did not realize you had. Storage a problem? You can stack and lock together 6' of Festool tools on top of a Festool CT 33 or CT 22 shop vac. I'm up to about 2' and I am about ready to add another foot with the TS55 saw. That will leave me 3 more feet for more tools. ;~)

"Leon" wrote

Not to worry Leon.
When you get to 6 foot of systainers, just get the Festool step ladder! LOL
I understand completely the concept of buying quality tools.

Grrrrrrrrrr...I SO remember being heckled in here for buying up-market Festool...I was labelled a braggart and that..... (I didn't really care because I KNEW that some day I would be vindicated....that day has come... 'gloat, gloat'.)
"Robatoy" wrote
Grrrrrrrrrr...I SO remember being heckled in here for buying up-market Festool...I was labelled a braggart and that..... (I didn't really care because I KNEW that some day I would be vindicated....that day has come... 'gloat, gloat'.) ================== Hey..., aren't you the guy who does those computer generated systainer images?

You mean the Festool Fridge?
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/Fridgstainer.jpg
Grrrrrrrrrr...I SO remember being heckled in here for buying up-market Festool...I was labelled a braggart and that..... (I didn't really care because I KNEW that some day I would be vindicated....that day has come... 'gloat, gloat'.)
Yeah'but it will be canceled out with your view towards Sketchup. ;~)

Yabbut for me to go to Sketchup would be similar to your going from your Festool sander to a Black & Decker.
btw.. I DO see the positive side of SU.
On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 16:11:34 -0700 (PDT), the infamous Robatoy

And here we have it, folks, our first Festermaniac! ;)
-- May those who love us, love us; And may those that don't love us, May God turn their hearts; And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles, So we'll know them by their limping. --old Gaelic blessing

There is a ladder??? ;~)
On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 23:27:11 -0500, the infamous "Leon"

Yeah, it's in the Festool website section next to the klieg lights. One knows that the proper tool needs the proper lighting.
-- It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. -- Charles Darwin
On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 17:19:35 -0500, the infamous "Leon"

That's saying something.

Great!
I can't wait to win the system in the sweeps.
-- May those who love us, love us; And may those that don't love us, May God turn their hearts; And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles, So we'll know them by their limping. --old Gaelic blessing
wrote in message

Didn't I just tell you the top prize is only $6,000? You won't be able to Afford the System ...
On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 22:03:35 -0700, the infamous "LDosser"

Sorry. I meant "A sub-system."
-- It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. -- Charles Darwin

You have to think man! Enter your wife so that when both of you win you get the whole enchalada.