Festool Abrasives

I just plunked down a good chunk of change on a bunch of Festool brand abrasives. I'm going to be resurfacing a Corian counter and could only buy the appropriate grits in packs of 100. I'm wondering, is anyone else is making 6" discs for the Festool Rotex sanders?

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

I just plunked down a good chunk of change on a bunch of Festool brand abrasives. I'm going to be resurfacing a Corian counter and could only buy the appropriate grits in packs of 100. I'm wondering, is anyone else is making 6" discs for the Festool Rotex sanders?

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

I believe that Klingspoor does but I am not sure of the number of holes.

Frank Drackman

Mirka Abranet is a nice alternative. Joest (Germany) makes some nice stuff as well. Klingspor does make a series of 9-hole discs

carries many choices for the Festool sanders.

Reply to
Robatoy

sanders. They are, however, more expensive that the Festool brand.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

I the past I have found Klingspoor abrasives to more expensive per disk than other brands but a much better value but have only used 5".

Bob

Reply to
Frank Drackman

I'll add Mirka to that same cost/value category.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

A few guys I respect are buzzing about this product. I am going to try this system. I'll let ya'll know soon.

(as in 'burning love???lol)

Robatoy

Thanks much - I'm going to call specialtytools on Monday, because I don't believe they've shipped my order yet. It looks very interesting.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique