Knotting together a bunch of sticks

I'm looking a knot that will 'grip' when pulled tightly.

For instance something that could pull tightly on holding a bunch of garden canes or similar together.

The Scouts used to teach a simple knot that would do this, but I can no longer find it. If i am remembering to tie it correctly, when i use it on the now commonly available rope 'Polypropylene' it will not hold as this type of rope is 'slippery'.

Grateful for any pointers to a site that might show how to tie such a useful knot. Thanks.

Reply to
john west

Scaffold Hitch is the name. I can't remember how to tie one but I'm sure Youtube will help.

As for use with modern ropes, I don't know. My Scouting was done near on

50 years back when old fashioned ropes were still common.
Reply to
Brian Reay

Be very handy if you catch a burglar as well. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Hmm, I am looking for a word description of knots. The problem with videos is that since losing my sight I have no idea what is going on. I can see it now, when you tie up the burglar he dies of loss of blood supply cos the knots self tightened too much! Anyway, I wanted to re register all my dlls in windows. it should be possible, right? However there only seem to be videos on it with things like use the exact syntax as I have typed here, or as you can see there are now backups of all the files here, just in case. Sorry mr video man, blindies use computers too you know if you cannot string enough words together to explain what you are doing go away! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

ABOK 1252:

Thomas Prufer