electric nailer?

I am thinking about buying an electric brad nailer. Any of you use these for crafts or woodworking? How do they perform? For example, will they nail something as thick as 3/4?
Gary
The small electric brad nailers will barely seat a 5/8" brad in trim. What kind of material 3/4" thick did you have in mind?
On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 18:33:43 -0500 (CDT), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (GARY) wrote:

GARY wrote:

See:
http://www.google.com/groups?as_q=electric%20brad%20nailer&safe=images&ie=ISO-8859-1&as_ugroup=rec.woodworking&lr=&hl=en
(watch for word wrap)
-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA
If you got the bucks, there are cordless nail guns available (Senco's go for nearly $400). Depends on whether you can justify the cost. There's always the ole hammer...
Renata
On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 18:33:43 -0500 (CDT), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (GARY) wrote:

(no stain for email)
A waste of money.

GARY wrote:

If you go back with a hammer to finish the job, maybe.
On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 18:33:43 -0500 (CDT), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (GARY) wrote:

    You will probably be unsatisfied with the results. They tend to kick back so that the brad does not go all the way in.
    I have one that I bought for a single purpose, which it does well. I often make small boxes with thin shelves in. I have to put a nail through the side and into the end of a quarter-inch piece of plywood. The electric brad nailer works well for this because it shoots the nail perfectly straight. The fact that I have to tap in the nails with a hammer does not bother me.
    For anything else, it really doesn't seem to do the job.
    I found a used Paslode nailer for a couple of hundred bucks that has performed well for me. Instead of being air driven, it uses gas to create an explosion that then drives a piston.
            Peter
1. They kick back 2. They jam about every 7 or so shots 3. They don't fully penetrate hardwood like maple or oak 4. The nails tend to be low quality
Get a combi set compressor and nail gun. The guns are easy to unjam, except they almost never jam. You also get the benefit of compressed air for many other uses.
Then you like it so much you get more nail guns. Keep away from the basic brands like Accuset. They are Senco's chepie line, with plastic parts that will break fairly soon. Go with the Senco, PC, Hitachi, etc. If you live on Long Island, go to Long Island Staple in East Rockaway, in Nassau COunty. Their nails are a better quality, plus if you buy their brand of nailer (I got their PoAnn whch is really a Hitachi), repairs are free with a lifetime warranty. Uh-I've been using it for 4 years now, and it istill still perfect, so I guess that is why they go for the lifetime warranty.
They took apart my Accuset, and showed me the difference.