edgebanding radius

I used white poly T molding from Outwater Plastics on a kitchen about 12 years ago and find that the molding only lasts about 3/4 years. It cracks at the corners ( radius 1/4" ) even though I cut a notch. Looks good for a while but I am fed up with replacing it ( 60 doors!! ). I wonder about removing the corner radius by planing the edges of the panels, and adding thick edging with a corner radius. Would edgebanding PVC or polyester go around a corner radius? Radius is about 3/16". Suggestions please. Also cc my email snipped-for-privacy@cox.net if possible.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

What if you heated up the corners with a heat gun when applying it? Might reduce some of the stresses in the plastic.
Chris