edge banding

I just ordered some maple edge banding for some cabinets I am making. Anybody got recommendation for a trimming tool they like ? In the pas I have used a utility knife with mediocre results.

Any Help / Pointers would be appreciated

Reply to
Sam the Cat

Mark L.

Woodcraft carries a little plastic trimmer that costs about $10. Works pretty well.

Reply to
RKON

I have a tall fence (6"-8" high) I made for the router table. It's held up off the table by about 3/4". I use it with a straight flush trim bit to trim off panels with solid

1/2" thick wood edges.

The tall fence helps greatly to stabilize the panel and the bearing on the flush trim bit allows you to not be super precise when setting the fence, i.e., you can be a smidge (1) off with it.

It's a little bit of over kill for a veneered edge though it's easier than trying to balance a three horsie router on the edge.

(1) A Smidge: The smallest of ticks found on your ruller/tape measure.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100