Dust Hood for Sliding Miter Saw

This is a continuation of an old thread....
I finally made a dust hood for my miter saw. I used the empty box a Shop Vac came in. Used a Gerber kbife and sme duct tape to tailr fit it to the miter saw. The duct taped a dust port for my Jet 2 hp cyclone dust collection system. Works like a charm. When I need to make angled cuts, I may have a little more fitting to do. And when this one wears out, I can find another box.
A whole lot cheaper than http://www.downdrafter.com/bobmain.htm .
Cheers!

At the Borg, they have flexible down spouts for guttering, one end is about 4" in diameter, the other is rectangular. Once bent, the accordion pleats retain the shape. It works well when added to a trapezoidal box made of 1/4" plywood and can serve in many roles... by a router, drill press or sander just by itself. Tom
On 4 Sep 2005 21:12:31 -0700, the blithe spirit "Never Enough Money"

I wonder how many Yuppie suckers THAT guy has found to pay those prices for a piece of plastic.
.-. Better Living Through Denial --- http://www.diversify.com Wondrous Website Design
On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 07:22:47 -0700, Larry Jaques

Jesus H.!! $170. - $200. for molded plastic? I'm in the wrong business.
Last year the price was $259.00 -- looks like they're having a sale!
Here's an interesting homemade one - better than my cardboard box setup....
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.woodworkingmatters.com/images/My_Shop/Miter_Saw_Station_Mk_II_11.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.woodworkingmatters.com/My_Shop/sliding_compound_miter_saw_works.htm&hu6&w 1&sz(8&tbnid=Vc9OkjTQmk8J:&tbnh0&tbnw3&hl=en&start=3&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmiter%2Bsaw%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG
I use an old Tarp tucked under the table and tented with a dowel and when I'm done, I cover the saw up!

HMFIC-1369, Does the vacuum not suck the tarp up?