drawer slides (4 kitchen) question

For example, we have Hafele HF-42337055 for ~$2 and the HF-42357756 for ~$37.
For use in kitchen drawers, what am I gaining, if anything, from the more expensive one (full extension, more robust design (seemingly), and ???)?
I mean, the cheap one even has a greater load capacity!
Obviously, the expensive one looks more robust, and I'm a great believer in you get what you pay for, but really, is it worth the difference? Is full extension worth $35?
They're (gonna be) nice, custom cabinets, and deserve good hardware, but a $35 difference!?!?
Is this a misprint on the price or something?
Please enlighten me.
Thanx Renata
Renata wrote:

I can't find links to the above using Google - do you have pics/ specs?

If it is, it's likely to be on the $2 slide - I would expect to be paying 12 UKP (english pounds) / US$20 for a set of 2 slides
--
BigEgg
Hack to size. Hammer to fit. Weld to join. Grind to shape. Paint to cover.

(Amazon.com product link shortened)62308783/ref=sr_1_70/002-4593831-7302404?ie=UTF8&s=hi
"Renata"
wrote in message

My favorites are Hittich QuadroV6 under mount, full extension drawer slides. You have to build the drawer box to dimension, but well worth it for the price of around $20/pair +/-.
http://www.ovisonline.com/Woodworking_Supplies/Drawer_Slides/under.htm
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/29/06

How r u getting $20/pair? I'm seeing $32. Have they raised prices, am I looking at the wrong product, do you get a discount, or...?
I'm gonna need about 15 pair and $300 I can probably convince myself; $400 is a bit more iffy.
THanx Renata
Belay my last msg. I found them for $20 at cshardware. Thanx. Looks like this is the way I'm gonna go.
Renata

I wouldn't go with either unless it had some specific feature that I needed. Rockler has full extension 100-pound-rated 22" Accurides for $18/pair.
Whether full extension is worth the money is a matter of personal preference and the nature of the piece. If it's something whose nature is that a fully loaded drawer pulled all the way out could be a tipping hazard then I'd go with the 3/4 extension. Otherwise full. Trying to find something in the back of a drawer that you can't get all the way open is a pain.
J. Clarke wrote:
<snip>

If you are going to buy in quantity, $10-$12 is about the right price.
Shop around.
Lew
Renata wrote:

The more expensive one is concealed...normally you don't see the slides.
You can get Blum Tandem Plus concealed slides at Lee Valley for $29. Regular side-mount Accuride full-extension 100lb slides are $15.50. No-name ones are $12.50.
All depends what you want to pay for.
Chris

The cheap ones will do the job but will trundle and rattle in and out, and if you push them skew they will grind and jam. they are self closing because the last bit of travel is downhill.
The expensive ones will swish effortlessly in and out regardless of what sort of sideways shove you give them, they will close themselves in a fascinating mysterious way, and will probably last better too. The only disadvantage will be that there will be some flex in the steel so if you have really heavy drawers or contents and very little gap or tolerance around the drawer front you may have trouble.
tim w
Check out www.cshardware.com. I use their full extension, self closing ball bearing slides in a lot of my cabinets, and they are VERY reasonably priced. I've never had a pair fail in anything I built.
--
Rick Nagy