Drawer slides

I have a 24" deep pantry closet that I'd like to install slide out shelves in. I'm looking for a full extension, center mount drawer slide to use. I really would prefer to not have the slides mounted on the side of the shelf. The slide out shelf would be mounted on the existing fixed shelf which extends behind the door opening. The center mount slide would have to be heavy duty (for canned goods) and I guess I could use two slides per shelf if necessary. In checking most online catalogs I could only find 3/4 extension slides in the 25 pound capacity range. Thanks for any help!

Tom

Reply to
Anon Ymous

A 24" shelf loaded with canned good is a pretty hefty load. I can understand why they'd not make them. I'd surely want two slides for the weight and leverage encountered. How would you mount the slides? Load up a

24" long board with canned goods and try to hold it by a single rail extending from the bottom by 24"and see how much force is required. Personally, I'd look at the side mounts.
Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

What you need to look for is a pantry slide not a drawer slide.

scroll down a little for some cheaper ones. --dave

Reply to
Dave Jackson

Think about what you are asking the slide to do and the weigh they will carry. Then reconsider full extension slides that mount on the sides and vertically.

Reply to
Leon

Reply to
Dave Herron

Reply to
Dave Herron

Upscale

folks make slides for "any" application.

You might want to consider a "pantry slide" which is a misnomer since it's really a great big arrangement meant to handle the loads that a pantry might see...

for "pantry rollout".......

An> I have a 24" deep pantry closet that I'd like to install slide out

Reply to
Pat Barber

I have a 24" deep pantry closet that I'd like to install slide out shelves in. I'm looking for a full extension, center mount drawer slide to use. I really would prefer to not have the slides mounted on the side of the shelf. The slide out shelf would be mounted on the existing fixed shelf which extends behind the door opening. The center mount slide would have to be heavy duty (for canned goods) and I guess I could use two slides per shelf if necessary. In checking most online catalogs I could only find 3/4 extension slides in the 25 pound capacity range. Thanks for any help!

Tom

Reply to
Anon Ymous

Thanks, guys! A lot of good info and helpful links, some of which I missed during my search.

An> I have a 24" deep pantry closet that I'd like to install slide out

Reply to
Anon Ymous

KV8000 at kc.vom:

them from: