Does a Grizzly Shaper/Router collet fit a Delta 1/2" shaper?

Anyone try this? G1705
I asked Grizzly, and they say they don't know.
Toller wrote:

I don't either, but I suppose they could have copied enough of the LDS shaper to have used the same spindle mounting design, but unless it is a collet precisely for a knockoff of the Delta LD shaper I wouldn't expect it.
The spindle mounting end is simple enough to machine w/ a metal lathe, but the balance of attaching a collet isn't totally trivial. If you pull the spindle you'll see what I'm talking about--if the Grizzly people will give you a drawing of theirs, you could judge whether it would work.
Personally, I'd recommend the Delta if you really want it. I've seen them on ebay on occasion.

At the moment there aren't any on ebay. Someone locally has a 3/4" but that's no help. Woodworkers Supply has one for the Delta LD, but it is $86; the Grizzly is only $45. The grizzly drawing looks identical to my 1/2" spindle, but faced with return freight and a 10% restocking charge... I was kinda hoping someone else took the chance.
Toller wrote:

Grizz is supposed to have such a good service reputation--won't they give you the spindle dimensions?

Maybe I got someone in a bad mood. I will try again.
I have one for the Grizzly, if you want I could measure it.

Yes, that would be great; thanks.
Toller wrote:

I'd think they would/should be able to supply a dimensioned drawing w/o much trouble to them...

The Woodworkers' Supply version fits beautifully, but I think I already told you that.
Decisions, decisions. Of course I didn't have to decide fifteen years ago when I bought mine. Difference seems a relatively small per-use charge.
George wrote:

Not too surprising since the one in their last printed catalogue _is_ the Delta! :)