Do you care where your tools are manufactured?

Page 15 of 16
It has every thing to do with understanding the situation. Go out and pick for a day then come back. We'll wait.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!
#18 was last week for me.
Dec. 19 will be twenty, and I'm more in love than the day I married her.
Glen

I know the feeling. Good things just get better. Have a good one.

On Dec 1, 5:59 pm, "Bonehenge (B A R R Y)"

I been married for 36 years....not all to the woman though...

I'm coming up on 30 years... 5, 19 and 6... :-[]
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Thank you.

Yep. I've picked apples, too. Enough to know that the idea that using American labor to pick them would cause apples to cost fifteen bucks apiece is sheer lunacy, a fictional number with no factual basis whatsoever, invented for no purpose other than scaring people into believing the lie that our economy would collapse without the cheap labor provided by illegal aliens.
Do the math. You claim an apple picker can easily make $20 an hour. Now let's suppose that the picker's wage is only one-fifth of the retail price of an apple. That means $100 retail worth of apples picked in an hour, or (at $15 per apple) one apple every nine minutes.
That's one damned lazy apple picker.
And one damned stupid grower, who's paying that lazy-ass picker three dollars _per_apple_.
--
Regards,
Doug Miller wrote:

Problem is, you can't get "'Murricuns" to do the work at any price...the unemployed are mostly in the urban centers and on welfare. Unemployment here in rural, ag area is under 3%. Since typically 1% or so is considered "unemployable", it's already scraping the barrel for bodies.

Problem is, that's a commonly-repeated myth, but it's still a myth. That just isn't true.
--
Regards,
Horseshit.

just

Not nearly as much horseshit as your mythical fifteen-dollar apples. Like I said... do the math.

--
Regards,
Doug Miller wrote:

It's a myth only for those who are not in the position of trying to find workers...

the
attention. Ever

sheer
for no

economy
Now let's

of an

(at $15

dollars
just
Doug Miller's only contribution to this group is to argue. He does nothing else. He does not seem to care if he is right or wrong as long as he is arguing. He has joined the rest of the idiots in my bozo bin.

Can't take it, when somebody points out you've been posting nonsense, eh? Crybaby.
--
Regards,

You don't say.......................................
On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 23:20:59 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

I notice that the man said a "good picker" can make $20 an hour..
In my experience, the pay is ZERO $ an hour and you get paid based on how many boxes you fill..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
snipped-for-privacy@splintersdavisbaja.com wrote:

No, he didn't. This is what he said:
"A (Mexican) apple picker can easily make $20.00 an hour. "

Of course. But my point is that there is _no_way_ that apples are going to cost anywhere near fifteen dollars apiece anytime in the foreseeable future, no matter _who_ picks them. That's just another scare story put forward by the apologists for illegal immigration. The math just doesn't add up.
--
Regards,
On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 19:58:08 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

I can tell you from experience that apples won't get that expensive... it would have worse consequences..
I central California they solved the labor problem by plowing over the orchards and building houses.. What do they do to make up for the loss of crops? They import fruit and vegetables from Mexico..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 12:19:53 -0800, mac davis
Good, then maybe the illegals can stay home and pick crops in their own country. Works for me.