Do I need a table saw?

Page 2 of 2

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland
Have you tryed putting the table saw on a good mobile base and sticking it as far against the wall as possible? This arrangement works for me in my garage.
RonT

Yes, in fact I did just that a few days ago. I put it on top of my phase converter, which is on wheels.
On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 19:40:58 GMT, Ignoramus21895

I watched my neighbour ripping some wood using his RAS. I gave him a table saw + a 3/4HP motor from a recent yard sale + a carbide that wouldn't suit my new saw. He still uses it, as well as his other equipment.
I had sold my RAS for a song some time ago. Being a lefty, I found it even more unsuitable for me, and with a daughter and granddaughter have built a ton of stuff without it.
Thank you. I think that I will keep this table saw. It's a nice cast iron TS.

I suspect if you have not used it for a year, then you really don't need one. An old Craftsman tablesaw, the really old ones, are not bad machines. Personally, I think a table saw is the most useful power tool in my shop. No other tool rips better than a table saw.
On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 19:40:58 GMT, Ignoramus21895

======================From your comments I would say you really have no need for the Tablesaw if you have not used it in a year your answered your own question...
That Radial Arm saw takes up MORE room then the Table saw I'd put the Tablesaw on a mobile base and sell or give away the Radial Arm saw...
Every one of us have different needs..because we all make different things... BUT I could NOT live without my Tablesaw(s)...
Just my 3 cents worth
Bopb G.