Difficult cleaning

Over the past year I have become very fond of Carburetor cleaner for cleaning problems, such as getting glue out of the treads of my picture frame clamps, cleaning the top of my table saw,etc.
As I said I have been using it for problems, not daily use.
I am a chemist by training so understand toxicity and flammability issues, but are there any wood related issues that I should be considering?
Does it contain any silicon? Silicon is the bain of finishing. It will cause lots of little finish problems with lacquer, poly, shellac, any film finish.

Silicone, and no. "Carb cleaner", and its even more evaporative friend "brake cleaner" are carefully formulated to not leave residues behind, that being pretty important in either job. Silicone on brakes is an obvious hazard, but silicones in a fuel system will destroy lambda sensors, so that's another no-no. As they're also easy to get hold of, they make great workshop solvents for shifting organic or oily goop when you do need a clean finish.
(Silicon isn't a problem to shift, silicone is)
In dropped this bit of wisdom:

"Carb Cleaner" contains 50 - 70% toluene, and the remainder seems to be composed of a Paraffinic, Napthalenic solvent, Propane, and Isobutane.
There does not seem to be any component that would be deleterious to wood and it would make one hell of a cleaner. Unless, of course, if one were to light it :-)
P D Q
One problem I found it works great on is killing crickets. If you shine a flashlight on them you can get the nozzle tube real close and give them a short blast. They instantly jump, often leaving their hind legs behind, and are dead before the hit the ground. The cleaner will harm a shellac or lacquer finish on woodwork. Latex paint is unaffected. Art