Dewalt drill gravity compensation

I am most impressed with Dewalt.
In a Momentary Lapse of Reason, I dropped my 18v battery drill about 17 feet off a ladder onto a concrete floor, the battery ejected, landing about 6 foot from the drill, trigger popped out a similar distance. After gathering the pieces and snapping it all back together all is well, can't really find any permanent damage at all.
Kudos to Dewalt for making a product that will take that kind of abuse.
basilisk
On 2/13/2013 3:03 PM, basilisk wrote:

I have done the same thing with both DeWalt and Makita drills for the past 30+ years with the same results you observed.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On Wed, 13 Feb 2013 15:07:07 -0600, Swingman wrote:

On the other hand, I dropped the most expensive drill I own (Milwaukee right angle drill) less than 3 feet and snapped the shaft in between the chuck and motor. Which reminds me, I need to order the parts to repair it.
basilisk