Dewalt Circular Saw

I want a circular saw blade, primarily to make fine finish rip cuts in hardwood. I have a DW62 which takes 184mm blades. The standard Dewalt 18 teeth blade cuts a little rough. I see I can easily get a Freud 24T or 40T general purpose blade. Does anyone have a recommendation on whether the 24T or 40T is best? Or on any other rip blade I could get in the UK.
By the way, the Bevel adjustment on the Dewalt looks a bit fiddly to get an exact 90 degrees cut. And the degree markings don't seem to align properly. I've still some more playing around to do, but a post of any others experiences very welcome.
Thanks Rob
Hi Rob,
A "finish" rip cut is a rather tall order for a circular saw. A TS with a very good blade (e.g., WW II) will do it, otherwise plan on cleaning the cut with a plane or router, that's my 2.
But if you're determined, a combo blade will make a more "finished" cut than a ripping blade, so you might try the 24T Freud. You don't mention what wood and how thick it is, and that's an important consideration.
Another thing you might try is to use an ultra-thin rip or combo blade, such as you find for cordless saws (6-1/2" dia, but again this depends on the thickness of what you're cutting). The thinner blade might be able to push a "combo" tooth configuration through the wood you have.
Good luck, H.
Rob S wrote:

in
Dewalt
24T
get
post

I just use a square on mine, and I've never had a problem. I'm not sure that I ever used the degree markings- I never trust those things.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
Cutting against a straightedge makes a lot of difference. Don't depend upon the saw's ripguide. Cut slowly, from the back side. Wilson

Thanks for all your tips. I shall try again at the weekend. The results I had in 3/4 " Black Walnut were not too bad, but I reckon I should now get them better Regards Rob