Design variations using PhotoShop

At decision points in an evolving design "seeing" the alternatives is difficult for me at times. I can almost make PhotoShop talk so it's my Design Variations Tool. Not only can parts be moved around and sizes changed but color variation can also be done.
Have posted an image in alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking of the evolution of cabinet doors and drawers for the sharpening station cabinet currently underway. Already used PhotoShop to look at three doors and two doors alternative and setttle on one short/one tall doors.
"Seeing" an idea in color AND with the grain of the actual wood takes a lot of the guess work out of an evolving piece. Also end up with pics to document the evolution of things. Fun to look back after the piece is finished.
charlie b