Domestic water pressure variations

Hi All,

A query on water pressure.

Over the last year I've converted our standard 1970's stored water system (bungalow, horrible dribbly hot taps) to a mains pressure throughout system, including a heat bank with external heat exchanger for hot water. Our incoming mains pressure is very high, around 10bar, so I've also fitted a pressure reduction valve after the incoming stopcock -

- set at about 3.5 bar. Most pipework is now in plastic.

The hot and cold water system is now much improved, and I'm generally happy. However, it is clear, particularly when using the shower, that the nominal

3.5 bar varies quite a lot in the short term. This could be partly down to pipe friction, but my feeling is that it is mainly down to the slow response of the Honeywell pressure reduction valve. I'm considering adding a potable pressure vessel, perhaps the AC25 25 litre one at the bottom of
to even out the pressure variations.

Questions - has anybody tried this, and would it work. If so, is 25 litres big enough to allow for the odd tap use, or WC flush, while the shower is in use. I'm not after a totally invariant water pressure, just evening out the "lumps and bumps" a bit.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Charles F

Reply to
CJF