Design Feedback Please

Page 2 of 2
On Saturday, February 16, 2013 4:10:21 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

I agree 100% They will be hidden.

I made the TV stand linked below which has a 48" long (unsupported span) top and 22" deep. It's been doing fine for almost five years (damn time flies). My latest design has the top at 47.5" of unsupported span. Should be ok.
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/TV_Stand_C.php

On 2/16/2013 3:57 PM, snipped-for-privacy@garagewoodworks.com wrote:

and 22" deep. It's been doing fine for almost five years (damn time flies). My latest design has the top at 47.5" of unsupported span. Should be ok.

Ok. cool. Better to be aware, which you are, than not.
On 2/15/2013 3:56 PM, snipped-for-privacy@garagewoodworks.com wrote:

It's a small feature but a small cable access in the top would makes things neater for the cable pull.
Like this: http://www.leevalley.com/US/hardware/page.aspx?p2487&cat=3,40894,41369
or
http://www.leevalley.com/US/hardware/page.aspx?pA875&cat=3,43597,50658
It would look neater than pulling cables over the top edge.
On 2/15/2013 6:56 PM, snipped-for-privacy@garagewoodworks.com wrote:

There will be a fair number of wires in that open bay. That may look messier against a background that's just the wall behind the unit. You might also consider a small lip around the sides of the open bay to prevent all the little remotes and game bits (jeez, what do they even have these days? Cartridges? Disks? I have no idea) from sliding off.