delta and black and decker?

Are they the same company?

Reply to
Alan Belkin

Yes. Black and Decker bought PC and Delta last Christmas. Thus B & D now sells tools under their own name, PC, Delta, and DeWalt. Jim

Reply to
Jim

Pentair, the parent company of Delta Woodworking, was bought out by Black & Decker in June of 2004.

Reply to
no(SPAM)vasys

Actually, B&D just bought Pentair's tool division (Delta, Porter-Cable, and maybe some other brands). Pentair still exists with other business lines outside of what they sold to B&D.

Reply to
Roy Smith

No. Separate companies. However B&D now owns Delta and PC.

Reply to
Leon

Something funny I heard a while back... when B+D bought out DeWalt and started moving into the contractor market, their competitors coined the phrase "Yellow-Deckers" in referring to DeWalt products.

Ha Ha ha h..., ummmm.... sorry of you've already heard it.

Reply to
Hedley

Black and Decker bought all of the assets of the Pentair Tool Group on October 3, 2004. This included the legal entity Delta International Machinery. The names included are Delta, Porter Cable, Devilbiss Air Power Products and all of their private branded names, Biesemeyer, and any products that are sold when imported by Orion such as the Sears Cabinet saw that was introduced last year with a Biesemeyer fence system.

These are all B & D brand names and private brands, not separate companies.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

LOL, I suppose we can start looking for the Grey and Decker Unisaws at Wal-Mart.

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-Ltd