delta and black and decker?

Are they the same company?

sells tools under their own name, PC, Delta, and DeWalt. Jim
Alan Belkin wrote:

Pentair, the parent company of Delta Woodworking, was bought out by Black & Decker in June of 2004.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Actually, B&D just bought Pentair's tool division (Delta, Porter-Cable, and maybe some other brands). Pentair still exists with other business lines outside of what they sold to B&D.

No. Separate companies. However B&D now owns Delta and PC.
Something funny I heard a while back... when B+D bought out DeWalt and started moving into the contractor market, their competitors coined the phrase "Yellow-Deckers" in referring to DeWalt products.
Ha Ha ha h..., ummmm.... sorry of you've already heard it.

LOL, I suppose we can start looking for the Grey and Decker Unisaws at Wal-Mart.
-Brian
On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 16:14:51 -0400, "Alan Belkin"

Black and Decker bought all of the assets of the Pentair Tool Group on October 3, 2004. This included the legal entity Delta International Machinery. The names included are Delta, Porter Cable, Devilbiss Air Power Products and all of their private branded names, Biesemeyer, and any products that are sold when imported by Orion such as the Sears Cabinet saw that was introduced last year with a Biesemeyer fence system.
These are all B & D brand names and private brands, not separate companies.
Frank