Deal or not? JessEm Mast-R-Lift at Grizzly for $200

A neighbor down the street just received his Friday. It is direct drive (no belt, even though the 1st picture on the Grizzly ad clearly shows a belt). Seems to be quite heavy and quality made. It's not the newer, more expensive Mast-R-Lift II version with the cam lock, but seems like a good deal for a lift that will handle a PC 7518 none the less.
Any of you guys have any experience with this particular lift?
JessEm Mast-R-Lift http://www.grizzly.com/products/Mast-R-Lift-reg/H8781
JessEm Mast-R-Lift II (newer version) (Amazon.com product link shortened)
deal for a lift that will handle a PC 7518 none the

I've only used to ole belt type and it was realy solid but did occasionally get the threads gummed up and the belt would start slipping. Pretty rare problem and usually worked like a champ.
In article <70e9a102-7479-4778-a372-f50bfb701900

Same here. Once in a while I'll pop it out and give it a good vacuuming--should do it every time I use it (no hassle, just pull out the insert ring and grab it and up it comes. Using it with an Incra jig in a table I built.

I have the earlier model without the spindle lock. It's easily done everything I've needed it to do with optimal precision. I have no complaints.
I'm using a PC 7518 motor, a Pincacle top in a Festool table with a Pinacle fence. I installed a dust collector box on the bottom.
On Tue, 24 May 2011 09:20:48 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

I have the new one, and an older Xacta Lift (JessEm with a Jet logo).

This is the older model without the spindle lock. The newer Mast-R-Lift's spindle lock is where the height adjustment is on this one. It's height adjustment is in the center, just in front of the hole.

How did that work out? Not that much of the dust goes down below the table, does it? (I'm in process of building the table).
Yes that is a excellent deal of that lift.
I have had mine for several years with no problems.
On 5/24/2011 11:06 AM, Justin wrote:

Thank you Pat, and everyone else that replied.
There's a wealth of experienced knowledge in this group.