Damn Borg

I finally did it, after weeks of asking questions, and a lot of reading. I went today to purchase my new Ridgid Planer and jointer. Thank you all for answering my quesitons and other questions form the archives.

Received an addtioanl 10% discount for opening an account and got the Ridgid lifetime warranty.

I called today before going to pick them up to make sure they had some, "yes we have 2 of each in stock". I get there, they don't have any of either! But don't worry, they have some on order. all I have to do is call every day to see if they have arrived and hope that soemone else doesn't arrive first.

Maybe General was a better idea. Sean

Reply to
mrcomp_ca

Pretty much the same thing happened to me when I bought my BS at Home Depot... had to be HD, as it was a new card and I got 10% off and no interest/payment deal... Their computer showed 2 in the store, but we helped them look and nada... The guy said that the computer isn't accurate because "garbage in, garbage out" applies big time there... if the item is entered incorrectly at checkout, it isn't removed from store inventory..

We have 3 or 4 HD stores within about 10 miles, so he checked with the other stores and we went to the one that showed the most in stock (5) They actually had 2.. lol

The only good thing about this experience was that never having bought a Rigid power tool, I was at least reassured a bit by the fact that they were selling a few..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

It's nice to know I'm not alone. On a brighter note, I called today and the planer and jointer had come in. I went at lunch time and picked up a jointer, planer and a 12" cms. They have a promo now, if you buy the 12" saw, you get the utility stand for half price (save $150 CDN). So I couldn't resist. My van is now full and I'm going to have a very busy weekend. I'm excited and looking forward to making more sawdust then ever before. When it's all said and done, I 'saved' $450.

Reply to
mrcomp_ca

After buying all that in one day you still have money for wood? I must be doing something wrong.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

been saving a long while.

Reply to