Cutting slot using router table

Page 3 of 3
Han wrote:

<http://find.mapmuse.com/re1/map_brand_mm2.php?brandID=AMTRAK&initB.0808,-93.5961,7&tlist=AMTRAK ,>
Osceola, Iowa has the closest Amtrak station - and I'd be delighted to meet you at the station, show off shop, solar, and a bit of Iowa, and return you to the station.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

I'll keep that in mind, Morris! Thank you!
--
Best regards
Han
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>I'd make the slot in multiple passes getting to about 1/2" of the end. Once through, I'd set up a mark or stop and slowly do the two ends.
You know I never thought of that! When I drop the wood on top of the bit, when it goes through(before I begin the slot)I have tear out. Doing it in passes, would enable be to reach the surface slowly, hopefully eliminating the tear-out.