cutting patio stone

I can't believe nobody suggested a hand-held concrete saw. They make them especially for this purpose. It is made like a chainsaw except with a diamond bladed 14" or so circular saw. You can rent them (or at least I can and have), or add to your collection.

wear a good dust mask or have someone with a hose there while you are cutting.

For some examples of what I mean:

Luigi Zanasi

I can't believe nobody suggested a hand-held concrete saw. They make them especially for this purpose. It is made like a chainsaw except with a diamond bladed 14" or so circular saw. You can rent them (or at least I can and have), or add to your collection.

wear a good dust mask or have someone with a hose there while you are cutting.

For some examples of what I mean:

Have one of these at work, called a "man eater", but nobody has gotten hurt using it. Cuts 4" Al plate.

Reply to
Rick Samuel

large blade, so I went back and re-read the original post. Somewhere between my eyes and my brain there was a disconnect - I was suggesting a brick set as I thought the OP was cutting pavers - I guess I confused posts. Sorry about that!

In other words, forget the brick set and go with the abrasive blades you have in a circular saw. That's the cheapest and easiest thing to do. Next go round, get a diamond blade.

The gas cutoff saws are great - messy, noisy and a handful, but they cut great and are much faster than any other tool. I don't know if the OP would want to rent one as they ain't cheap.

RicodJour