I'll miss you Farrah

What man or boy who lived through 70's doesn't remember this poster?

SonomaProducts.com

Still, that is one awful way to go, and so young yet...

Rest In Peace, Whacky Blonde!

Reply to
Robatoy

What I remember most is the Noxema Shave Cream commercials with Joe Namath:

"Take it off..... take it all off....."

Yikes. Two yikes and half.

Reply to
Zz Yzx

Sadly, her passing has been eclipsed by the sudden death of Michael Jackson.

A beautiful, talented actress who displayed a lot of courage during her fight with cancer.

A child molesting, pop star who dangled his baby from a balcony and tried to change his race.

Go figure.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

One of my workers theorized that Farah could now go in quiet dignity and peace. No hoopla. I watched her documentary. She was strong. Mark Sanford is pretty happy, I bet.

Reply to
Robatoy

And yet we all know who will get the great bulk of the headline space. How sad.

Reply-to address is real John

Reply to
John

Let's not forget that before the mental "issues" he was a very successful musician, performer and writer. Such collections as "Off the Wall" and "Thriller" were critically and commercially successful, the latter being the largest selling album of all time. At the time I thought about buying one but airplay was saturated with it. IIRC seven of the songs on "Thriller" reached the top 10. Like it or not, he was huge.

Reply to
jo4hn

Most definitely. She was also one of those rare starlets who aged gracefully and didn't embarrass herself like so many others have done.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

I have the greatest respect for Michael's talent and in his day he was the king. May he rest in peace. I think it is actually fitting that Farrah could have some of the glare taken off of her passing to give her just some minor amount of privacy.

H> R> > Sadly, her passing has been eclipsed by the sudden death of Michael > > Jackson. >

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Agree ... Nothing more than a POS venerated by a culture steeped in wretched excess.

Reply to
Swingman

And I never could understand why.

Reply to
Doug Miller

snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote in news:dY11m.6491$ snipped-for-privacy@flpi146.ffdc.sbc.com:

Doesn't make it not so. Was the discussion about you?

Reply to
Elrond Hubbard

Zz Yzx wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

That wasn't Farrah Fawcett, but Gunilla Hutton.

2.5 yikes, in any case!
Reply to
Elrond Hubbard

She was all of that, and the subject of one of the iconic images of the '70s besides.

Hey, he couldn't help being nuts. Far as I know he never hurt anybody or even wanted to. Always struck me as an insanely talented little kid who never had to grow up.

A world without either of them seems somehow diminished. Without both even more so. Whatever else you have to say about them, neither one was ordinary.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Reply to
Glen

Maybe you don't appreciate pop music?

Reply to
Phisherman

Not that particular type of pop music, anyway.... My tastes in pop music run more toward Bruce Springsteen, Stevie Ray Vaughan, George Thorogood, and the like.

Main thing, though, is that I rarely watch TV. I listen to the radio. Don't watch music videos -- so I never saw, and don't care, how well the guy could dance. All I have to go on is what I can hear, and IMO he was at best a mediocre singer and songwriter. Seems to me MJ was more style than substance.

Reply to
Doug Miller

It was in fact Farrah.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

Zz Yzx wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Farrah did indeed make a Noxema ad with Joe Namath, in 1973. But the "take it off... take it all off ad" was Gunilla Hutton in 1965, years before Farrah Fawcett could do justice to a bikini, I'll wager.

Elrond Hubbard