Cutting Board Completed, 1 of 6

Page 2 of 2
On 12/21/2014 10:29 AM, Swingman wrote:

Now you are reminding me those people that put clear textured vinyl covers on your car seats and furniture. ;~)

Once was enough buddy. But thank you back for the kind words.
Oh, if you oil it, post pictures.
On 12/21/2014 11:29 AM, Swingman wrote:

Yeah, but I hate when the plastic gets scratched. I'd cover the plastic with a piece of scrapwood.
:)
On 12/21/2014 9:21 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:

;~) If you can't use it, what use is it?

That is the basic procedure but this video will explain all of the steps.
http://www.finewoodworking.com/how-to/video/the-coolest-cutting-board-ever.aspx
Instead of a planer to smooth the faces of the veneer cut on the BS I used my drum sander.
I also used my drum sander to remove the part of the veneered pieces that stood proud of the cutting board surface after each glue up instead of removal with a router and scraper.
And who (or what) are these

Crap! Recipients.