Cross Posted - Somewhat on topic for all...

Cross posted so that if you read two or all three forums, you only see this once...
Did you know that you can type in a calculation within Google and it will tell you the result?
Try typing in "2.75 inches in MM" or even "270 miles in inches" and see what it gives you...
Heck... Try "1 mm in miles" LOL. Wonderfully useful or a big time waster... all up to you. :)
Just learned all this from a cool site... And NO, I'm not associated with Google or the site!
http://tinyurl.com/yylgpo
I simply know that many of us here in these three groups calculate all types of measurements from one format to another all day long so... Free tip of the day.
If you respond with content appropriate for your current newsgroup only, please delete the others from the routing so we keep the traffic down...
V8013-R

Or google Power Toys, and load the calculator.
Mark (sixoneeight) = 618

Yup.
The right answer, of course ;^)
But, good as it is, it won't translate miles-per-hour into furlongs-per-fortnight. Which makes it almost useless.
Almost.
-Don
-- It was recently discovered that research causes cancer in rats
On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 18:14:17 -0600, Don Fearn wrote:

I typed "18 miles per hour to furlongs per fortnight" into the google search box and got back: 18 miles per hour = 48 384 furlongs per fortnight
--
Skuke
Reverse the domain name to send email

DANG! It DOES convert everything!!
-Don (impressed)
-- It was recently discovered that research causes cancer in rats
On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 19:52:00 -0600, Don Fearn wrote:

It won't convert lead into gold :-p (metal content)
--
Skuke
Reverse the domain name to send email

I put (some huge number) in MM and it did the conversion up to a point, the started answering with "inf MM" for infinite. :)
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 19:52:00 -0600, Don Fearn wrote:

Will it convert a screaming, obnoxious, snot nosed rugrat into a decent human being that is a pleasure to share public places with?
Then I'd REALLY be impressed.
Ron Thompson On the Beautiful Florida Space Coast, right beside the Kennedy Space Center, USA
http://www.plansandprojects.com My hobby pages are here: http://www.plansandprojects.com/My%20Machines /
Visit the castinghobby FAQ: http://castinghobbywiki.plansandprojects.com /
The member map is here: http://www.frappr.com/castinghobby

When you find that product, you let me know! I'll not only buy the first few models, but buy ALL the stock in the company...
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 14:42:40 +0000, Joe AutoDrill wrote:

By the way, Joe, thanks for this post. I found it really useful.
Ron Thompson On the Beautiful Florida Space Coast, right beside the Kennedy Space Center, USA
http://www.plansandprojects.com My hobby pages are here: http://www.plansandprojects.com/My%20Machines /
Visit the castinghobby FAQ: http://castinghobbywiki.plansandprojects.com /
The member map is here: http://www.frappr.com/castinghobby

I'm relatively careful of the off-topic stuff I post, but this was one of those "I wish I knew this years earlier" moments so I figured it might be the same for others.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message

Hell, that's old technology ... it even multi-tasks.
At least it did for my Dad. It's primary function was to keep his pants up, but it also served a "conversion" purpose as above ... you just have to a responsible enough parent to apply it.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/27/07
Joe AutoDrill wrote:

I thought that is what Valium was for.
Bill
rascal less in the world.
Here's a downloadable, free (GPL) converter that runs in any browser with javascript, regardless of operating system:
http://ben.lam.name/pucDescription.html
--
No dumb questions, just dumb answers.

Larry Wasserman - Baltimore Maryland - lwasserm(a)sdf.lonestar.org
If you use Google SMS (send text message to Google from your phone), you also get the conversion. I love Google SMS because I can find the weather by
w 80301 w Boulder
or find phone numbers by
optometrist boulder, CO
or the conversion mentined in this thread
3 in to m
or word definitions like
definition meticulous
You can also do simple math like 42 x 2 and google will return 42 x 2 = 81

Never Enough Money wrote:
| You can also do simple math like 42 x 2 and google will return 42 x | 2 = 81
Eh? How's that again?

LOL...
I got his point but missed the error...
If I could get free SMS, I'd be using it the same as him.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.