Creativity or Synthesisity? Just Dumb Luck

Page 2 of 2
Charlie M. 1958 wrote:

When I went through high school, their use had been discontinued. I learned how to use one anyways. Then I got one of those fancy 4 - function calculators that fit in my pocket with the little lamps that had a collection of filament shapes inside that KNEW THE ANSWER and I never looked back. Then one day I found myself in a machine shop with a vernier caliper.
Deja vu all over again. ;-)
I think my poor boss soiled himself when I was able to read it on the first go-round.
Bill
--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube

Charlie - I'm guessing you are somewhere near 55 (+/- 5). I learned to use a slide rule in tech school too and graduated in '67. During the early to mid 70's HP and TI started producing the technical calculators that eventually replaced the sliderules.
RonB
RonB wrote:
> I do, however make some shop sketches or even layout drawings of most > projects. Can't help it - I was a draftsman in a previous life.
You too huh?
Put myself thru school "slinging lead".
Had a callus on my middle finger for several years after I quit.
Still remember doing layouts for foundry automation systems that used about 20 ft of vellum in one piece for a line layout, even though the table was only about 5-7 feet wide.
By the time CAD came around, I was doing other things.
Lew