Craftsman Twin Cutter Saw

I was watching a show on the history channel the other night and they showed the above mentioned saw which looked pretty cool. I searched the sears website without finding the saw but did come across some replacement blades. A couple of days later I did the same search without finding anything, blades or saw so I googled it and found a number of treads discussing this saw. Is there some reason that sears no longer manufactures or sells this saw?

Reply to
James Stewart

I saw something on the History channel as well where a guy from Sears (it is an exclusive Sears product, and was marked "Craftsman") was showing off that thing. It was a demolition saw, not meant for anything fine or artistic, just a meat choppin' sombitch.

Never could find anything out about them, and the guys at Sears are clueless. Stay tuned, I guess.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

I found a few threads about it in a google search and most were from last year. Folks in this group had bought it and voiced opinions about it. Many good, so I was curious why the dissapearance.

Reply to
James Stewart

I saw that saw but thought it was a Porter Cable. I couldn't find it either. max

Reply to
max

yeah, they were in all the Sears catalogs a year or so ago.. weird lookin' sucker, with 2 blades that turn in different directions..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

I was the same program. Did you notice the sparks that came off the saw as he cut through the door jamb. I wondered if he hit a LARGE nail or if the sparks were coming off the counter rotating blades as they flexed. If it's the latter it might be the reason it was discontinued.

Reply to
no(SPAM)vasys

I had one of these for a bit. It is superb for clean cuts in light metal. Some time ago, I gave it to a friend, who recently used it to cut a Dodge Demon fender loose. He has to weld it on his Demon, so wanted a cleaner cut than a recip saw will give, and he got it. Damned little touch up needed.

I have a feeling the saw may be a bit fragile if you don't follow instructions down to the last dotted 'i', which MIGHT be the reason it was pulled. It sure worked fine for me, and for my friend.

Reply to
Charles Self