History of Planes on History Channel

Sorry, I know this is late notice, but I just noticed myself.

On "Toolbox" on the History Channel at 6:00pm Saturday EST

Plane "The plane is paramount in creating humans' greatest woodworking achievements."

Reruns Sept 23 @ 12:30AM EST and 6:30PM EST

The entire series on handtools is viewable beginning at 8:00AM EST

Handsaw - Sept 23 @ 8:00am EST Wrench - Sept 23 @ 8:30am EST Drill - 9:00am EST

etc...

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G.

Grandpa

Darn. I checked right away, but here (northern CA), we got "screwdrivers" followed by "blowtorches".

-jbb

Reply to
J.B. Bobbitt

Sounds about how my repair jobs go. :-)

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Was "medical attention" next? ;^)

Reply to
Joe Wells

Nah, I know which end of the blowtorch is the hot end. :-) [as do the uncooperating recipients of those repair jobs (won't come loose with the screw driver, eh? Try this: Phooomp!)]

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Almost makes a guy want to put out the bucks for cable.

Rick

Reply to
RKG

No, it was "morphine" followed by "scalpels"

Come to think of it, I'd watch a show on how scalpels are made. Call History Channel.

Reply to
Lazarus Long

This was an interesting look at hand planes including a segment on the inner workings of the Lie-Nielsen plane factory. Showed some interesting CNC metal laths and mills used in the production of their planes. One of the few products still produced in the USA.

Check your local listings for re-runs on or about Sept. 23rd.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G.

The entire series will be on starting at 8 a.m. Sept. 23, edt.

8 Handsaw 8:30 Wrench 9 Drill 9:30 Hammer 10 Chainsaw 10:30 Axe 11 Blowtorch 11:30 Ruler 12 Screwdriver 12:30 Plane
Reply to
Ken M.

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 19:27:48 -0700, Mark & Juanita calmly ranted:

That's why I bought an impact screwdriver (manual) very early on. It was great for motorcycle screws which had been installed with Loctite.

toolbox handsaw, wrench, drill, hammer, chainsaw, axe, blowtorch, ruler, screwdriver, plane; 8am - 1pm EST Thursday 9/23 . I'll be recording from 5am since I get a sat feed from the wrong coast.

I record most shows now since it makes much more sense speeding through the commercials (30% of the program time) of which I'm SO sick and tired. Try it with a football game sometime. You can watch the whole game in just over ONE hour, including all the instant replays! What a joy! ;)

- Metaphors Be With You -

Web Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques