Craftsman Router Problem

I have a Craftsman Router, Model 315.175110. Naturally it is out of warranty. The Depth Adjustment Ring is "frozen" and I can not raise or lower my cutters. Any suggestions on how I can free up the ring and use the router as it should be? Thanks, Rob K.

I had the same router and same problem. I was able to free it up by blowing compressed air around the threads and then spraying WD-40 into the threads. That worked a couple of times. The last time I used a strap wrench and a bench vise on it. I gave up and bought a PC 7518 and have never had any problems with it.
-- Al Reid