cradle magazine article wanted

Finally, after reaching the ripe old age of 72, I am going to be a grandfather!! About a year ago I saw a "how to" article in one of my wood magazines about building a cradle that knocked down and could be carried in a case for which the plans were included.

I promised my daughter (the expectant new mother) that I would build one of those for her first child. Now the time approaches and I can't find the magazine. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks

Paul and soon to be Grandpa

Allen, TX

Reply to
Paul Gilbert

Sun, Jan 27, 2008, 12:11pm (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net (Paul=A0Gilbert) doth broadcasteth: Finally, after reaching the ripe old age of 72, I am going to be a grandfather!! I promised my daughter (the expectant new mother) that I would build one of those for her . Can anyone help with this?

A bit slow, eh?

Yeah, make her a rocking chair insted, she'll get a lot more use out of one of them than a cradle

JOAT

10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I don't have a problem with a woman president - except for Hillary.
Reply to
J T

I have that magazine, Paul. It's the Sept. 2007 issue of Wood mag. I know the cradle you're talking about. I briefly thought of building it myself.

It's available on the web for $10.

If that doesn't work, contact me offlist and I'll see what I can do.

Tanus

I agree with JT...a cradle is only used for a few weeks...a rocking chair or changing table is used for several years...

Skip

A bit slow, eh?

Yeah, make her a rocking chair insted, she'll get a lot more use out of one of them than a cradle

JOAT

10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker

I don't have a problem with a woman president - except for Hillary.

Reply to
Skip Williams

Congrats, Paul. Here is a link to another knockdown cradle. I think the knockdown feature is more for storage than carrying around. Pretty hefty amount of wood to be carrying.

ROY!

Paul,

Need to extend congratulations also!!!

I need to add that you will REALLY enjoy your grandchild! It has been one of my most enjoyable times...ever.... We have 4 young grandsons (hoping for a little girl next). Nothing like it....all the fun...none of the awsome parental responsibility.

Skip

Reply to
Skip Williams