cover of the latest FWW

Now if I did that ,had the clamps laying on the boards without separation at the glue joints ,I would have iron stains all over the place

-- mike hide

Reply to
Mike Hide

It's not as much of a problem when you use galvanized pipe, but, that type of pipe is not recommended. I use clear packaging tape on the pipes to prevent stains.

BTW. Thanks for your input on the AI chisels.

-- Bill Rittner R & B ENTERPRISES

snipped-for-privacy@cox.net

"Don't take this life too seriously.......nobody gets out alive" (Unknown)

Reply to
Bill Rittner

Bill , I find if you do galvanized then it acts as a lubricant and the clamp pressure tends to "creep down".

Regarding AI chisels they have been well known in the carving tool area for a very long time, so their stuff must be good .I personally do not have any of their tools , I have about 150 Henry Taylor carving tools which in my opinion are very hard to beat, not as pretty as the swiss stuff but very functional .....mjh

-- mike hide

Reply to
Mike Hide

You're right about galvanized pipe, that's why I don't use it. That is what is in use on the cover of FWW.

The new Henry Taylor tools are not as good as they once were. I like the Dastra tools myself.

-- Bill Rittner R & B ENTERPRISES

snipped-for-privacy@cox.net

"Don't take this life too seriously.......nobody gets out alive" (Unknown)

Reply to
Bill Rittner

What abour Sorby? I used to think they were one of the best but ????. Just asking because I don't have enough money to buy Taylor and experiment.

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey