Convalco Forstners: alignment?

Greetings,     Someone here mentioned Connecticut Valley's Forstners a while back. I looked them over and am convinced that they are the ones to buy. I got a $7 chiwanese set to practice sharpening. The lack of a center brad in the Convalco model is appealing.
    When using a Forstner drill which lacks a center brad, do you locate the work using a center-finder bit? That seems a tedious method for multiple holes. Do you mark the layout with lines tangential to the circumference, instead of marking the center?
--
"Keep your ass behind you"
vladimir a t mad scientist com

http://www.router-bits-shaper-cutters.com/products/index.cfm?Product_Group_ID=2
The above show how to locate the center without the center tip. I haven't seen one without a center brad until now with the Convalco.
On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:54:36 -0700, Fred wrote:

Thanks. A template marked as shown in the link, then bored, will allow quick marking of the circumference on the work.
When using a forstner bit to drill out for cabinet door hardware, I use a jig with location marks on it that is literally a piece of plywood with the hole drilled in to be the actual guide.
That way I never miss as I am aligning the hole to be drilled over a hole that has been made to the correct size. No "oops" on a finished piece of small corrections.
Robert