CNC Antics.... (for those who have an interest in this sorta thang.)

Page 1 of 2
My cnc suffered a complex fault which now has been resolved. That's one of the downsides of using tools that have 'operating systems' and 'software'. A simple tweak/adjustment doesn't do much when one doesn't have a clue. Then there is the silver lining... it gave me an opportunity to bring everything up-to-date and make some adjustments. I learned about 'ramping' (term is applied in many ways, but I talk about it here in one way specifically.) It's that little adjustment that gives the cutter a little extra oomph when entering a cut. All that sort of stuff has been tweaked and tuned. The Beast is so much smoother now... no more burnt edges on those odd occasions when cutting cross-grain. I am really starting to appreciate the 'instrument' part of this machine. I think I finally have this thing where I want it.
The big up-side, is that due to my illness, I'm not taking on any large projects, so I am finally back to enjoying my challenges. Other than that minor medical issue.... life is just frikkin' awesome.... and don't call me Chemosabe...
On 1/31/2012 5:14 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Cool! Some times it is just nice to do things for your self.
On 1/31/2012 5:14 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Sometime you just gotta get back on track. Took the last two weeks of 2011 and just puttered around in the shop, playing with things, and doing stuff I wanted to do for a change.
It's good for you, in more ways than one ...
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
"Robatoy" wrote:

Guess I missed your medical issue.
Lew

Stage 4 lung cancer. The chemo is beating it back. I predict it will be in remission by May 3rd. *S* What's saving my ass so far is that everything else is a 100% healthy condition so kidneys and liver are processing those nasty chemo drugs just fine. As doc said: "you got the bloodwork make-up of a 28-year old."
I feel great.
On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 14:01:39 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

My wife and I will keep you in our prayers. She's beat it twice.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

and won't last another month. Get healthy guy, we miss ya.
And for some reason, Robatoy's posts have been filtered out of my newsreader for at least six month now. Nothing I do seems to help. Apparently he pissed off somebody big time. (Or I did.)
In any case, it is time to do some good livin'. Count your blessings and fight the good fight.
I am the oldest one of my siblings. One brother is already gone, another will be gone soon and my mom passed a week ago. Her funeral was on Sunday. My father went a few years ago. I am feeling very mortal and scrutinize any kind of medical issue very closely. (Responsible Paranoia!)
That CNC machine can be put to work to make some new body parts! A whole sideline! Keep your chin up dude. Don't let the bastards win.
And if Rob answers me, could somebody answer it so I could see it. After all, the internet Gods don't want us talking.
On Feb 1, 11:28pm, "Lee Michaels" <leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net> wrote:

I am getting your mail though. I have been wondering how that dog is doing...LOL

You're never far from my thoughts, Rob. Especially now my wife has to go back to Holland to visit her family. Her sister-in-law, one of the nicest people you could meet, was diagnosed with stomach cancer, spread to the pancreas. Just started Dutch chemo, and she isn't liking it. Hopefully my wife's passport will arrive soon. Jeez, $182 for a new passport, because she's in a hurry, and the old one expired without warning (grin) ...
--
Best regards
Han
On 2/1/2012 4:01 PM, Robatoy wrote:

EXCELENT!

Wow, all the best in beating that shit.
On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 14:01:39 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

Good for you. Just one thing. If it's possible you might not be around in the foreseeable future, you need to come down and visit me at least once before your tentative demise. I'll toss in a Keg dinner and that beer I owe you.
:)
On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 14:01:39 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

Holy Shite, Batman! Condolences.

Morning or afternoon?

Young punk.

GOOD! Keep up the PMA, sir. Best wishes on beating it quickly and thoroughly.
xox
-- Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself. -- Thomas Jefferson

And here I thought you read Facebook where this medical problem of mine has been beaten to death over the last month or so.
On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 20:19:24 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

It's set to display your info to friends only, and you didn't respond to my request to become one, so I'm out of the loop, mon. <sniffle, sob, honk>
Hmm, you're on my friend list now but I never got an email saying so. My bad or Shame on Facebook.
-- Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself. -- Thomas Jefferson
"Robatoy" wrote:

Don't do FaceBook.
Lew

Facebook is fine if you set your privacy right, and DO NOT DO the silly games. It's like usenet and email wrapped together. But much more fun. Just practice safe hex ...
--
Best regards
Han

I'm inept with Facebook, too. You evidently OKed my request but I didn't know about it until yesterday.
"Robatoy" wrote:

What's saving my ass so far is that everything else is a 100% healthy condition so kidneys and liver are processing those nasty chemo drugs just fine. As doc said: "you got the bloodwork make-up of a 28-year old."
I feel great. ----------------------------------- Illegitimatmus non carbrundi.
Were you a smoker?
How did they find it in the first place?
Lew

Sudden weight loss, pains in my side (I used to write those off as a side-effect from heavy quartz countertops), then sudden loss of appetite. I smoked pack pack-half a day up till 12 years ago. Then tapered off to only a couple of smokes per day, then quit 100% 10 years ago.... NO violations since.
One thing I did not expect is the magnificent condition my liver is in. *VBS*