clicker for Dust Gorilla

I have lost the clicker for my Dust Gorilla. Does anyone know if one can find a universal TV type clicker that would work with the on/off clicker for this machine. I hate to pay $77 for a new one.
thanks Paul Gilbert

It probably will work "IF" you have the old infrared remote to train the new one. I don't think you are going to see a remote with the Dust Gorilla listed as one of the "built in" TV options. ;~)
Then again your old clicker may be RF instead of IR.

Mine is RF. I can be in another room and turn on the Dust Gorilla.
Max

Mine is IR. I can be out side and do the same. For the most part I only have to point in the general direction, sometimes it can bounce off of a white wall and work.
"Leon" wrote

More than once I have accidentally started my dust collector from inside the house when, coming in for a cup of coffee with the remote in my apron pocket, I leaned against a counter just right ... aggravating.
Some things can work too well ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/27/08

DAMN! Now I have one more thing to worry about. I often circle the block after leaving the house to make sure I closed the garage door. Now I am going to have to worry about accidentally opening the door after closing it and leaving.
I have often squatted down in the house or garage and heard the truck alarm disarm, fortunately it rearms if a door is not opened.
"Leon" wrote

vastecomy at Sears. Now everytime he gets an errection, his garage door opens.
"Leon" wrote

Mine works even if it's in my pocket. In fact it once startled hell out of me when the dust collector started up "on it's own". I keep it on a belt loop now. <grin>
Max

PG:
Can't say that this would be your solution. But HD sells a portable alarm that I believe uses an infrared remote. By accident, I discovered it can interfere with other RC electronics. So it depends on the specs of your DG unit. The alarm remote emits the same signal to turn on and off, not different signals.
You might call DG to find out what its particulars are on the theory of tracking down intereference with other devices and then call the alarm people--assuming you find the unit-- and doing the same thing in order to determine potential compatibility.
Regards,
Edward Hennessey
Regards,
Edward Hennessey
On Thu, 8 May 2008 14:59:53 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

Not without the old remote to "teach" it.