clear dc drums I just found one

I stumbled onto these a bit spendy but they are sure clear http://www.uline.com/Browse_Listing_6755.asp

But will they work? I notice they are liners, not drums. They also ship and store flat so may not be self supporting. The price is for 20 of the 55 gallon at $162.

They would be subjected to part of the vacuum of the DC.. so, correct me if I'm wrong, but they'd collapse, no?

I have a HF 2 HP DC, retrofitted with a Wynn top-mounted canister filter (for the top bag) and a bottom-mounted clear plastic bag (fits snugly in place of the bottom bag of the HF DC). This was a kit, see <http://wynnenv.com/35A_series_cartridge_kit.htm . The HF unit is then connected to a garbagecan with cyclone lid, then to the equipment. If anything would collapse, it would be that clear plastic bag . Never happened yet.
--
Best regards
Han

In most DC systems the plastic bag is under pressure and it most unlikely to collapse. Maybe the HF is different. Oh, you were joking; sorry.

*slaps own forehead*
What was I thinking? That's the pressure side of the system...silly me...
I misread my bad (G)

No - If its installed directly on your DC, it won't collapse. However if it used on the vacuum side with a cyclone top, it won't last 1 minute. Dave