circular saw w/ dust collection?

My wife is demanding dust collection in my basement and I'm not up to buying the Festool cause of the $$ right now. The only other full size circular saw I see is the hitachi which has a dust chute that I think you can attach a vac to. Anyone know if this actually works?
-Dave
David Arcoleo wrote:

I've hooked up my shop vac to the dust chute on my Porter-Cable Saw Boss on occasion. It picks up much but not all of the sawdust.
Steve

The Porter Cables have the dust tube you can attach a vacuum to also. I know it works reasonably well since I bought one for my bro 2 years ago and have used it a couple of times. But no, it doesn't get it all.
Bob S.

The Porter Cable 743 (http://www.portercable.com/index.asp?eT7&p '38) has a dust chute as well. You'd also need a reducer, as I think it's only about an inch or so in diameter. I don't know that I'd want to hook it up to a shop-vac, as I think that would be rather awkward. But if the Boss says so...
Clint

I also have the PC-743 and use the PC hose (http://www.portercable.com/index.asp?e399&p297 ) with it. It connects directly to the saw & the shop vac with no adapter needed. This setup gets about 90% of the dust. When I'm doing a bunch of cutting I'll duck tape a piece of cardboard over the side of the blade housing and it will then get about 98%.
Art

--------------FF9228A56CBD485D412F03A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
I believe a run of sump pump tubing will work well as it is light and flexible. Use a heat gun to make one end fit the saw's port and stick the Shop Vac's 1 1/4" hose into the other end. Cheers, JG