Check out this Estate auction for Sat...

I saw the ad for this auction in the weekly shopper...got me all excited until I went online to view photos. If your a tool collecter, its a wet dream...but if you want some wood good wood (which the listing claims), you might be disappointed, unless they don't have pics of the "good" wood. Its obvious this guy hasn't practiced his craft for a few years.

I'm still thinking about going.

John T

The "extra info" link has the following blurb:

ASSORTED HAND-SAWN SPECIAL WOOD & LUMBER: Dan?s wood crafting talents allowed him to accumulate several ?special? wood boards, planks, pieces, lumber & chunks, including: Oak, maple, spruce, oak & maple rough sawn planks to 13? wide by 2? to 8-ft; Seasoned lilac wood pcs; Basswood pieces for carving; Some veneer wood pcs; Cherry wood?for rifle stock; Curly maple pcs; Walnut & specialty woods?short & small & misc. pcs. (Not a large quantity?but a fair selection!)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

well one picture I think it's file name is 99.jpg shows a lot of curly maple and I can't really tell from the pics but most look to be over 4/4"

Reply to
Jody

I took another look and found two pics of the wood I didn't see before. I've got mixed feelings about going to this auction. One one hand, it looks like some nice wood after all, OTOH, I bet a lot of "collectors" are going to be there, and that may drive the prices up on the wood too.

John

Reply to
John T