Charlie Self Moved Back Home - and I'm happy for him.

Page 1 of 2
Been a lot of trollish shit associated with Charlie's name - I just wanted to start a thread that was positive.
I'm glad to see the man back home, where he belongs and feels natural.
These pissants ain't no nevermind. They don't know him.
I'm looking forward to his posts from Home.
Regards, Tom.

Amen. Hope they have a safe and joyful trip.
djb
Tom Watson wrote:

dave

Fuck off, dave.
Sincerely, John Sellers
John Sellers wrote:

dave
On 17 Jun 2004 06:48:25 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net (John Sellers) wrote:

please do not feed the trolls.....

Ditto!
--
Bill

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...

--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

AMEN!
--
Nahmie
The first myth of management is that management exists.
|Been a lot of trollish shit associated with Charlie's name - I just |wanted to start a thread that was positive. | | |I'm glad to see the man back home, where he belongs and feels natural. | | |These pissants ain't no nevermind. They don't know him. | | | |I'm looking forward to his posts from Home.
Me too. Actually, tho he's already postin'.
Wes
Wes responds:

It is great to be back, even though the associated work is more than I wanted--and we paid guys to do the heavy lifting! Ya get old and fat you want someone else to sling the ice box around.
Actually, we didn't pay them all. Some teenagers from a local church helped a lot, as did family and friends. This end was a lot less costly, even though some local pick-up labor thought $14 an hour was a fair wage for unloading a truck (sure is far, for a good carpenter around here).
So the next couple of months will be spent straightening the shop, painting the walls (did the ceiling about 4 years ago), painting the floor (it's varicolored right now, between dark green (terrible for photography, but it sure lets you know where the excess sawdust is--plus every other speck), setting up machinery, building a wood rack, getting ready to add a foyer to the house, getting ready to add 4' to the bedrom end of the house, and onward. Biggest deal is clearing out a section of the old storage shed so I can move my loads of air dried oak and cherry indoors. I want to do that this weekend, but it depends on the local dump and how much they'll accept at one time. I think it's 1000 pounds before the bills start. With an S10 pick-up, that's 2 FULL loads.
And, did I mention, working full time? I plan to kick back to about 65 hours a week soon, though.
Thanks, guys.
Charlie Self "If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to." Dorothy Parker
....it'll keep you young.......
Cheers and good luck!
aw
A Dubya notes:

It has to. I figure with what I need to do, added to what I want to do, I'm booked up here for all my spare time through my 87th birthday.
Charlie Self "If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to." Dorothy Parker
Charlie Self apparently said,on my timestamp of 17/06/2004 11:22 PM:

Good to see you back, chief!
--
Cheers
Nuno Souto

Mike Hide asks:

Not really much. Left WV and moved back to VA. Time to get back with family and friends, and regain my 1200 sf shop.
Charlie Self "If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to." Dorothy Parker
-- http://members.tripod.com/mikehide2

Well best of luck Charie I am sure it will be a loss for WV and an asset for all in Virginia. ...mjh
-- http://members.tripod.com/mikehide2

a) Congrats! Always good to be home. b) a Smidge confused (albeit normal) - did you move *back* to the same house/spot? The "painting the shop" comment made me think so...