Charlie Self

Page 2 of 3

Charlie Self wrote:

recovery. You've been a stalwart on this group for years and I, for one, want to see you stay around a bit longer!
My wife had diverticulitis and ended up in the horsepistol for 10 days. The morphine she took really depressed her breathing so they had to cut her access to that "little button" she could use to administer herself on her own. And most people on the pain killers end up with killer constipation huh????
Well good to see you back postin' away!
Get well soon!
As Always, Phil(ski)
Philski wrote:

Improving more slowly than I like, but improving. Odd lack of endurance, which is normal according to the doctors.
I didn't have to worry about constipation with that tube into my stomach, and with nothing to eat for nearly 10 days. But you're right in that they won't release you until things, er, start moving again, something not helped by the soft diet you finally get.
Hi Charlie, Consider this your funny get well card with the busty blonde chick in the bikini. Take care. Joe_Stein
Bob Schmall wrote:

Charlie...
Get well friend - you're missed.
-- Morris Dovey DeSoto, Iowa USA

Hurry back, Charlie!
Barry
Sat, Apr 30, 2005, 1:30pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com (BobSchmall) says: Charlie emailed me to say that he is just back from 10 days in the hospital. <snip>
Hey Charlie. I just happened to see this, while posting a new thread. Hope you do better.
JOAT A highbrow is a person educated beyond his intelligence. - Brander Matthews
Best wishes Charlie
Enjoyed your latest review on that Griz shaper with the carbide cutters (WWJ). Sort of felt that I knew you a little even tho I'm a relative newbie here (just over a year).
It's guys like you that make the Wreck rock!
Get well soon - we miss you.
Lou

Get Well, Charlie. Hope to see you back here soon. I always enjoy your posts and responses.
Mike W.

You got to stay out of those places without woodworking tools (hospitals) you could get sick!! get well soon we miss you here.
len
Bob Schmall wrote:

Charlie, Get well soon, noticed you haven't posted lately. Take care & stay healthy!
Big John
Get well, Charlie. But quick.
-Phil Crow
May I too add my best wishes and get well soon.

Glad to hear you're back. It's probably selfish, but I'd like the group to be "Selfish."

Missed you Charlie. Get better quick.
--
Nahmie
...is now home after spending 10 days and $40,000 of his insurance company's money while in hospital. His description of the ordeal is not pretty.

Charlie,
Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Hope to see you posting again soon.
Regards,
JT

Welcome home, Charlie. Stay away from the Stella and frites, eh?

If it was only $40k, he must not have been very sick!
Get well, Charlie! Enjoy being home. Don't be in too big of a hurry to get back to the rat race.
Patriarch
Patriarch wrote:

VA prices to Medicare. The joys of aging. You do NOT want to know the cost of a single cardiac intensive care day. Great care, but if you're paying for it, you're probably better off dead. There is something seriously out of whack with the system.
    Greetings and Salutations....
wrote:

Good luck and with luck, you will avoid major problems for a LONG time!     As for the system being out of whack...a big thumbs up to that. There is something obscene about America, one of the richest countries in the world, having a health care system that is so expensive that a vast majority of its citizens cannot afford to get care from it.     Alas, it is a complicated problem. One factor is that health care became a profit center some years ago...and in ANY business, when that happens, the focus shifts from providing the service or goods to minimizing costs and maximizing the amount of money pumped to the investors.     One factor is the legal system. While I am not entirely sure that malpractice awards ARE the huge burden that some would have us believe, there are those costs.     Another factor is the fact that the average American seems to believe that (a) All medical procedures have to return them to perfection and (b) it's someone else's fault. This creates the demands for lawyers and the suits filed in the courts.     This leads to the huge costs of malpractice insurance for the medical profession. WHen the insurance companies became "for profit" organizations, they, too, ceased to perform their true function - of spreading the risk around through a huge population, thereby ensuring that no one would be wiped out by a catastrophic illness or accident - and became money pumps for investors. So...they crank up the costs of insurance to the point that they can be assured that they not only do not suffer any pains on the rare times that they end up having to pay something out, but, they actively work to avoid paying out claims by finding ways to void that coverage or to minimize the amount they DO have to pay out. Look at the profit figures published by the companies. "Profit" for an insurance company means cash that they have NOT paid out to help folks get over accidents, get medicines, etc, but, HAVE paid to investors, whose only problem is that they are only making $0.10/share, instead of $0.50/share.     Ok...I will stop ranting now...and go back to my original theme of wishing Charlie a speedy and complete recovery, so we can continue to enjoy his valuable contributions to the group...     Regards     Dave Mundt