Can you trust a DIY channel host who thinks a SCMS is a RAS??

Yeah, why keep it such a secret? Actually, I needed some information on Norm's first known use of a particular implement for an article I am writing and found exactly what I was looking for in about 30 seconds on

(there, I just promoted it for you). So thanks for making this resource available.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon

Yes, I understand that's probably where the guy comes from. In fact, I grew up an hour from Boston, listening to Boston radio and watching Boston TV and even the local announcers didn't pronounce their words like that. BTW, I have no problem with a TV celebrity like Tom Silva speaking that way because he's a contractor who, by virtue of that fact, happens to be on TV. Same goes for Master Plumber Ed Del Grande. But someone who is, first and foremost, an announcer should be free of affectations. I will admit a certain prejudice in this regard as I am a professional announcer who grew up in New England and am able to conduct my business without a discernable regional accent.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon

What a dummy......everybody knows that is a jigsaw.......right?

Reply to
me

I agree, if its informative it might spark someones interest. The reality woodworkers are probably a much smaller market then those that they are aimed at. After all what kind of a target audience is a group of people that would pay more for their materials and spend all there spare time building something that they could have bought at IKEA for less money.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M

Probably better than 90% of the woodworkers here. Most of us build for the satisfaction of creativity and accomplishment. There's little bragging rights in showing off a purchase from Ikea, certainly not any sense of pride.

Reply to
Upscale