Can someone identify this shop clamp and how to use it please ? - Clamping Tool.jpg (0/1)

I got a bunch of them from a defunct wood shop.

Thank you.

Reply to
harry

It's meant to be attached to another clamp, so as to provide clamping pressure at a right angle to the bar of the clamp. They are particularly useful for applying pressure in the center of a wide glue up but can also be used for edge banding.

I have a number of them that were made fairly recently by Bessey which have the model number of 5-1 on them.

Regards, Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Its an Edge Clamp. It is designed to attach to a bar clamp. Typically used for clamping face trim or laminate work. Its nice to have a dozen or so.

Dave

Reply to
TeamCasa

Here's a picture for you.

Reply to
Wood Butcher

Many news servers (mine included) strip attachements from non-binary groups (which rec.woodworking is).

Could you repost your pic to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking? More people will be able to see it.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Oops... I didn't check first, and see you already did.

"Never mind"

;-)

It's an edge clamp, and if you don't want 'em I'll take 'em!

Picture and description here:

Where they're listed as "discontinued"...

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone