Can someone identify this shop clamp and how to use it please ? - Clamping Tool.jpg (0/1)

I got a bunch of them from a defunct wood shop.
Thank you.

It's meant to be attached to another clamp, so as to provide clamping pressure at a right angle to the bar of the clamp. They are particularly useful for applying pressure in the center of a wide glue up but can also be used for edge banding.
I have a number of them that were made fairly recently by Bessey which have the model number of 5-1 on them.
Regards, Tom.
Its an Edge Clamp. It is designed to attach to a bar clamp. Typically used for clamping face trim or laminate work. Its nice to have a dozen or so.
Dave

Here's a picture for you.
http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/clamps_vises/bessey/be51.htm?E+coaste st
Art

Many news servers (mine included) strip attachements from non-binary groups (which rec.woodworking is).
Could you repost your pic to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking? More people will be able to see it.
djb

Oops... I didn't check first, and see you already did.
"Never mind"
;-)
It's an edge clamp, and if you don't want 'em I'll take 'em!
Picture and description here:
<http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.asp?page1188&category=1,43838,4385 7&ccurrency=1&SID=>
Where they're listed as "discontinued"...
djb