Help! Can Someone Identify This Weed?

Hi,
This stuff sprang up almost overnight in my lawn. A local by-law
prohibits the use of chemical herbicides, but it is only in a small
patch and won't be too much work to pull out. Area is Southern Ontario
Canada.
Thanks in advance.
Image at home.ca.inter.net/~deniswb/Weed1.jpg
Reply to
Denny
Ontario
Looks to me like hawkweed. This is a perennial plant whose stems exude a milky sap. A number of species exist and without the actual flowers I can't tell which is which. Leaves are basal, which seems to apply to the plant in your picture. Put "hawkweed" in a search engine and you'll get plenty of references.
Guy Bradley Chesterfield MO zone 6
Reply to
Guy Bradley

Site Timeline Threads

  • Okay, wonderful plant folks, what can I plant in sand? I live on the southwest...

    Garden