Can someone help identify this lightbulb?

This blub was fitted to an outside light and has blown. I've no idea
what it is. Can someone help?
Picture here:

Reply to
Mark
It's called a G9 bulb, available in several wattages and also LED though the latter can be a problem to fit in some light fittings due to the bulb being longer and slightly wider than the filament type.
Richard
Reply to
Tricky Dicky
On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 15:24:16 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:
Thanks to both replies. There's no markings on it otherwise it would be easier to identify (maybe) ;-)
Reply to
Mark
Looking on Google Images, the only one that matches your arrangement of filament supports is this 25W Crompton one:
Reply to
Dave W
On Mon, 11 Mar 2019 16:10:08 +0000
It may be indicative of the physical characteristics of the filament, which may suggest its power rating by comparison with bulbs of a known rating.
Reply to
Rob Morley
On Mon, 11 Mar 2019 18:12:25 +0000, Rob Morley wrote:
I would think that the lower the wattage, the higher the filament resistance needs to be, therefore the longer the coil and needing more than one or two supports. Also, because you don't know the wattage, it's a good bet that your bulb is the same type as the one I found so 25W is your answer.
Reply to
Dave W

Site Timeline Threads