Can someone help identify this lightbulb?

This blub was fitted to an outside light and has blown. I've no idea what it is. Can someone help?

Picture here:

Mark

It's called a G9 bulb, available in several wattages and also LED though the latter can be a problem to fit in some light fittings due to the bulb being longer and slightly wider than the filament type.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Looks like a G9 halogen, could be between 10W and 30W, any remnant of markings on it?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thanks to both replies. There's no markings on it otherwise it would be easier to identify (maybe) ;-)

Reply to
Mark

Looking on Google Images, the only one that matches your arrangement of filament supports is this 25W Crompton one:

Dave W

Thanks for the reply. Are the layout of the filament supports important?

Reply to
Mark

It may be indicative of the physical characteristics of the filament, which may suggest its power rating by comparison with bulbs of a known rating.

Reply to
Rob Morley

I would think that the lower the wattage, the higher the filament resistance needs to be, therefore the longer the coil and needing more than one or two supports. Also, because you don't know the wattage, it's a good bet that your bulb is the same type as the one I found so

25W is your answer.
Reply to
Dave W