Can anybody tell me the name of this type of latch?

It is on a wall clock. The door has small brass peg sticking out that fits in a receiving brass hole in the frame with very light friction so that it stays closed, but little force is needed to open it. I'm looking to find one like it.

-Jim

Reply to
jtpr

It sounds like a ball catch that you can find at HD.

-Lee

Reply to
flb51notthis

It could be a Bullet Catch,

a Ball Catch

Leon

>> or a Ball Catch

No, they aren't it. This sits in the middle of the vertical rail of the door and just friction fit's into a corrosponding hole in the case. It is only there to keep the door from swinging open.

-Jim

jtpr