Cabinetry for woodworkers and music lovers.

Page 2 of 2
On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 11:47:29 -0800, "Rod & Betty Jo"

Congratulations you have created a huge ground loop, what kind of extension cord? 2 prong? or 3 prong?
If it is the 2 conductor type you are eliminating one of your ground connections on the PC. Is any of the A/V equipment grounded?
If it were me I would eliminate all grounding at the A/V side. Cross my finger that was the problem. Cause chasing ground loops is a PITA.
Mark (sixoneeight) = 618

3 prong.......Oddly the bedroom circuit that doesn't cause the hum has lots of other things on it including a electric heater....where-as the new circuit has nothing....other old circuits misbave as well when used to test. I also tried via a extension cord a different circuit for the TV/VCR/Reciever and still recieved a hum

they are all two wire devices......the default circuit is "old wire" or just a conduit grounded circut.....it is a hundred yr old house with various stages of elec upgrades.....

Thanks...and where do I start looking<G>.....Rod